Vitamin Injections Doctor NYC / IV Nutritional Therapy Doctor NYC
Intravenous (or IV) Therapy involves the insertion of a small cannula into a vein in your arm. The treatment is painless and remarkable effective. Nutrients are delivered into your bloodstream via a drip, bypassing your digestive system and drastically improving the absorption rate of the vitamin, minerals, of specialized treatments you are receiving.
IV Therapy treatments can help boost your immune system, especially if you’re run down, stressed out or generally feel exhausted and in need of a pick-me-up. This innovative treatment also improves skin quality, texture and color, giving you healthy youthful-looking skin.
We can provide a selection of long and short intravenous infusions as nutritional support with a variety of vitamins, minerals and other ingredients. Your particular protocol will be determined by your individual health needs and created by Dr. Decotiis. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is a great supplement to IV therapy; please contact Dr. Decotiis to learn more.
“IV Nutrient Therapy might have become a media buzzword, but this is not just a celebrity fad. IV Nutrient Therapy represents an effective medical solution to a wide range of health conditions and concerns.” ~ Dr. Sue Decotiis
IV Therapy for Anti-Ageing: Our research has revealed that there are several factors that go into the decline of energy we all feel as the years pile up. According to a large body of scientific research, one of the major causes of ageing is oxidative damage caused by free radicals. This damage can lead to ageing, organ dysfunction, frailty and death. This treatment is incredibly popular at our medical office.
Additional Popular and Extremely Effective IV Therapy Treatments:
- Myers’ Cocktail: Myers’ Cocktail is a mix of vitamins and minerals therapy developed in the 1970s by John Meyer, M.D., a Baltimore physician at Johns Hopkins University. The cocktail is used for the treatment of a wide range of clinical conditions and to enhance your immune system.
- High Dose Vitamin C: We need to replenish our water-soluble vitamins such as Vitamins B and C daily. While we can get these vitamins from various fruits and vegetables, many of us do not always consume enough on a daily basis. On top of that, many factors in our environment today deplete our body’s supply. These include smoking, alcohol, caffeine, cooking, eating produce that is not fresh, and particularly stress.
- Multi-vitamin Therapy: fully customized based on your current health issues and well being
- Trace Elements: Trace elements are chemical elements that are required in minute quantities for the proper growth, development, and physiology of an organism. Trace elements are sometimes also referred to as micro-nutrients.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2): No other chemical compound comes even close to hydrogen peroxide in its importance to life. H2O2 is involved in all of life’s vital processes. It is truly the wonder molecule. The cells in the body that fight infection, called granulocytes, produce H2O2 as a first line of defence against every type of invading organism e.g. parasites, viruses, bacteria and yeast. The intravenous introduction of hydrogen peroxide in the body leads to the release of single oxygen molecules in the cells and bloodstream. The single oxygen molecule can destroy anaerobic viruses and bacteria, kill cancer cells, or oxidize toxins and make them easier for the liver and kidneys to process.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is an antioxidant found in every cell in your body. However, Glutathione must be generated within the cell from its precursors before it can work effectively in the body. It is extremely important in all detoxification pathways. The presence of glutathione is required to maintain the normal function of the immune system. Glutathione scavenges free radicals, detoxifies poisons and heavy metals, helps deliver amino acids into the cells, helps in bile production and much, much more. Above all glutathione is extremely important in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant that is made by the body and is found in every cell, where it helps turn glucose into energy. Unlike other antioxidants, which work only in water (such as vitamin C) or fatty tissues (such as vitamin E), alpha-lipoic acid is both fat and water-soluble. That means it can work throughout the body. Antioxidants are substances that attack “free radicals”, waste products created when the body turns food into energy. Free radicals cause harmful chemical reactions that can damage cells in the body, making it harder for the body to fight off infections. They also damage organs and tissues.
- Magnesium & Vitamin B: Magnesium and Vitamin B deficiency can be implicated in conditions such as Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, migraine, muscle spasm, addiction, PMS, and PTSD symptoms. Infusion of Magnesium and Vitamin B can help address deficiencies. A typical magnesium infusion uses 2gm of magnesium or more, a dosage taken orally would cause severe diarrhoea (think of a lot of Milk of Magnesia, which is magnesium) and would never increase the body’s magnesium stores. Therefore, using a high dose infusion to help rebuild the body, while providing an extra for storage, is an ideal way to reduce symptoms and restore health.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential mineral that is found in every cell in our body. It has been shown to be involved in over 300 enzyme systems and is involved in a wide range of metabolic activities including collagen formation, wound healing and a healthy immune system.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is the single most common human nutritional deficiency in both developed and developing worlds. Iron is essential for the transport of oxygen to the body’s tissues.
- Folic Acid: A must if you plan on getting pregnant (or if you are pregnant).
- MSM: MSM works as an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. This highly valuable nutrient plays an important role in building healthy cells so if you are suffering from low levels of nutritional sulphur, the impact on your body as a whole will be great. The production of hormones, enzymes, antibodies and antioxidants all depend on MSM and it is used and expended by the body constantly, meaning that supplies need to be continually replenished otherwise the body becomes deficient. MSM is nutritional sulphur that is found in dairy products, fruits and vegetables, grains and meat. Largely due to modern-day food processing, many people are found to be deficient in this valuable nutrient which is where intravenous therapy steps in.
- Hydration Therapy: Our hydration therapy utilizes a common, minimally-invasive procedure to intravenously deliver fluids, medications, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements directly into your bloodstream to provide relief for a multitude of common ailments associated with the accumulative effects of dehydration.
- Selenium, Vitamin D3, Iron, Minerals, D3, Zinc
- Chelation Therapy: Chelation therapy is a medical procedure that involves the administration of chelating agents to remove heavy metals from the body.
- HCG Diet: Chances are you’ve heard of the amazing, medically-approved HCG Diet: The diet plan that uses the HCG hormone to stimulate your metabolism to burn fat while maintaining muscle. The result? A muscle-toned body that sheds weight at a reported average of 1 pound per day.
IM Injection Protocols Also Include:
Medical Conditions IV Therapy Helps Treat:
- Sports and Athletics: Although there are no medical studies looking at athletics and intravenous vitamin therapy, there is good evidence that intravenous vitamins can enhance the healing process. Many professional athletes recognize that intravenous vitamin therapy helps to accelerate healing and recovery.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: nerve damage resulting in a sensation of pain and burning. It is most common in patients with diabetes as well as patients undergoing chemotherapy. There is robust medical evidence that alpha-lipoic acid can significantly improve peripheral neuropathy associated with chemotherapy as well as diabetes.
- Fibromyalgia: a medical condition that is associated with chronic widespread pain as well as increased sensitivity to pain perception. It is also associated with sleep disturbances, depression, profound fatigue, bowel dysfunction and changes in memory and cognition. Approximately 2-4% of the US population carries a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Two medical studies have demonstrated that intravenous vitamin therapy is beneficial for relieving many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: according to the Centers for Disease Control, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating disorder characterized by a feeling of profound fatigue, decreases in memory and cognition, muscle pain, sleep disturbances, lymphadenopathy, etc. There is some data to suggest that it may be the result of chronic viral infections as well as associated with bowel dysfunction. Case studies in the medical literature have indicated that intravenous vitamin therapy can be beneficial.
- Adrenal Fatigue: although discounted by many in the traditional medical realm, adrenal fatigue is real. Chronic stress, either from illness or lifestyle can result in an adrenal gland that is operating at a suboptimal level. Intravenous vitamin therapy, as well as intravenous vitamin C, can have a profound impact on a patient’s quality of life and energy levels.
- Cancer: there is increasing medical research demonstrating a positive benefit for high dose vitamin C and cancer. There seems to be a direct toxic effect of vitamin C on cancer cells as well as enhancing the functioning of the immune system. High dose vitamin C is safe and well-tolerated in most patients.
- Hot Flashes: One possible mechanism is that a number of B vitamins are necessary for the production of the neurotransmitter, serotonin. Increased levels of serotonin may be responsible for turning off hot flashes.
- Wound Healing: Many patients with chronic wounds have significant nutritional deficiencies – especially vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for tissue repair. High dose, intravenous vitamin C would be the usually recommended intravenous vitamin therapy.
Beneficial effect on a wide variety of muscle and joint disorders and various autoimmune diseases. This include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Neuropathic Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Benefits of IV Nutrient Therapy Include:
- Alleviating Stress & Fatigue
- Alleviating the Cold & Flu
- Boosting Your Immune System
- Relief for Allergies & Asthma
- Cardiovascular Disease Improvement
- Gastrointestinal Diseases Support
- Aids Rapidly for Intestinal Malabsorption
- Neuropathic Pain Relief
- Wound Healing & Post-Surgery Recovery
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Anxiety & Depression Relief
- Increased Libido
- Aids Weight Loss
Dr. Sue Decotiis is proud to be an NYC top rated best in class primary care doctor on Vitals, HealthGrades, MakeMeHeal, Google+, RateMDs, and other doctor’s services rating websites.
Midtown Primary Care Doctor, PC
Sue Decotiis, MD
20 E 46th St., #1201b
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (212) 685-4016